If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to main page
Intern Aware has developed a simple charter to enshrine the basic standards that would deliver fair internships for all. We want current and future interns, the government and buinesses to sign up to these five principles:
- That internships are a short period of work and training which help young people by giving them invaluable workplace experience.
- That internships allow employers to assess the potential of future employees to see if they would be suited to their business.
- That internships should be advertised openly and recruited fairly.
- That internships should always to be paid to ensure young people are judged on their talent – not their ability to work for free.
- That the government should do more to encourage and support fair internships and end exploitation.